Loreen Biss, singer/songwriter/mommy

Loreen's personal blog.... just stuff from a singer/songwriter/recording artist... and mostly a wife and mother... really. Keep Singin'!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delta, Utah, United States

Hi! Im a singer/songwriter (and mom) who has recorded 2 country music albums. Listen online at www.loreenbliss.com. I am happily married, meeting my husband, Tim, while attending Utah State University in Logan, UT. We both received our Bachelor Degrees, mine in Elementary Education, with a Music Minor, Tim, a dual major in Business/Ag Business. After graduation we moved to Texas where our first child was born. We owned a dairy there for a bit then moved back to Utah. Tim currently owns a dairy in a small Utah town, where we are busy with our 5 children. Our oldest was born in 1998, we had TWINS in 2001, our 4th child in 2006, and our latest addition was born in June of 2008. I was so excited when we decided to record my 1st album. I have always wanted to preserve my voice... share it with others in such a timeless fashion. Well, at 33, I lived this dream. Where it takes me, time will only tell. One day at a time. I'm not out to be famous, just to share my voice and my messages through my songs with as many people as I can reach. I have 3 blogs, one for me, one for family, and one for my tour. Enjoy and Keep Singin'!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Loreen Bliss.....on chocolate

I must admit I have become quite spoiled.

OK, I know I've said not to focus on the candy thing at Easter, but you must admit it has become a part of Easter too. So...... I have forgotten how crappy chocolate Easter Bunnys are!

I have become quite spoiled. I hate American chocolate. Swiss chocolate... now that's good chocolate! We've even eaten chocolate straight from Germany and have never been the same since! Lindt, Monarc, Milka, and more have become favorites. I'd rather have a little bit of good chocolate than a lot of junk! Quality is everything. You can buy Lindt here. (Lindor truffles are great.) Toblerone is good too! Belgian chocolate is good too. Cheap chocolate just isn't worth it anymore. (OK, I still like M&M's)

Here is a bit of trivia for you about the origin of German's Chocolate and Chocolate cake (note German's not German!): (OK, I give Americans credit here. Right in Massachusetts.)
  • Dorchester, Massachusetts - Chocolate!

    GERMAN CHOCOLATE:
    Did you know?...... German chocolate, and German chocolate cake -- actually that is incorrect, it is German's Chocolate and German's Chocolate cake, the man who developed this chocolate was a Mr. German -- it has nothing to do with Germany.

  • Enjoy your chocolate!
    (Oh, yeah, Symphony is American - Hersey's in fact... So I know we can make decent chocolate! Ghirrardelli is called "America's Premium Chocolate"..... but they are nothing like Lindt though, so we are still behind.)

    What's your favorite kind of chocolate?

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You know your right! When Nate came home from his mission in Germany and brought chocolate home; he gave some to Andy, and Andy let us try it. It is soo much better than "cheap" chocolate! I like some chocolate, but not as much.

    5:47 PM  
    Blogger Loreen Bliss said...

    Kind of spoils it for you, doesn't it? We need to make a trip to Germany to "stock up"!!!!

    1:16 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, it does spoil it for ya, but that is kind of a good thing, because now I don't eat very much chocolate!!! Going to Germany would be FUN, but I don't think you could "stock up" enough to last you forever!:)

    3:46 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    adopt your own virtual pet!
    adopt your own virtual pet!
    adopt your own virtual pet!
    Web Counter
    Web Counters