Loreen Biss, singer/songwriter/mommy

Loreen's personal blog.... just stuff from a singer/songwriter/recording artist... and mostly a wife and mother... really. Keep Singin'!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Delta, Utah, United States

Hi! Im a singer/songwriter (and mom) who has recorded 2 country music albums. Listen online at www.loreenbliss.com. I am happily married, meeting my husband, Tim, while attending Utah State University in Logan, UT. We both received our Bachelor Degrees, mine in Elementary Education, with a Music Minor, Tim, a dual major in Business/Ag Business. After graduation we moved to Texas where our first child was born. We owned a dairy there for a bit then moved back to Utah. Tim currently owns a dairy in a small Utah town, where we are busy with our 5 children. Our oldest was born in 1998, we had TWINS in 2001, our 4th child in 2006, and our latest addition was born in June of 2008. I was so excited when we decided to record my 1st album. I have always wanted to preserve my voice... share it with others in such a timeless fashion. Well, at 33, I lived this dream. Where it takes me, time will only tell. One day at a time. I'm not out to be famous, just to share my voice and my messages through my songs with as many people as I can reach. I have 3 blogs, one for me, one for family, and one for my tour. Enjoy and Keep Singin'!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Hmmmm...studio journal

Howdy! I wish I would have started this last summer while I was recording. It would have been nice to keep a running commentary on the studio. Although it probably would have gone something like this....

June.... in the studio again...a lot. Finished up my first four song music demo though..
July ... still in the studio. Decided to continue and record a whole album. Going country.. finished writing Crayon Heart and Take Me Away.
August... things are really picking up in the studio now... I record All the Right Words, Crayon Heart and Take Me Away.. oh then slowing down due to illness.
Sept... sick part of the month....so haven't been in the studio much. Probably only three times this month. Finished recording All the Right Words. The end of the month I was able to study privately with Nashville vocal coach Brett Manning. Man did he find my red neck.... got your red neck on?? Wrote A Man Like That with him.
Oct. OK things really get pickin' up here! Daddy's Farm is recorded (that took me forever to get written right. Recording was easy compared to the process of getting there. Although they did get a good "chicken" out of me while singing. That would have been a good blooper.) Record A Man Like That, Since You've Been Gone, and This Far Down the Line this month!
Nov. Finally decided on a cover tune.... an old Bryan Adams song called This Time. I actually recorded this song at 4 in the morning!!! It was supposed to be just a scratch track and we ended up keeping it! Crazy! That was fun 'countrifying' it! Overdrive is recorded and so is one of my favorites, Dried Roses. Probably in the studio 11 times this month. Finishing touches on production worked on a lot this month. Sometime in Nov or December I rerecord Always Love Me - just acoustic now. Marc, my producer, even made me cry trying to get some emotion into the song... I really felt it as I "sang to Tim." (Marc wasn't being mean, just making me think about how much I love my husband, Tim.)
Dec....Last days in the studio... CD goes to duplication.... first duplication ready on December 20, 2004! (The day of our Christmas concert at Thanksgiving Point) Wow... what a long haul!
Jan. - March.... Album getting mastered, finishing touches, etc.... changed up one song a bit...
Hopefully will get final duplication going before April. I'm running low. Only duplicated 250 CDs so far though... I only have 30 left. A lot up and coming!

OK.... I had just planned on writing... in the studio, back in the studio, in the studio again...you get the point... then I started remembering more than I though, so I figured I'd include it. Fun stuff!

Wanna hear how it turned out? Visit my music site and listen:
  • Loreen's Music Site!

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger Loreen Bliss said...

    I'm such a grown up! :) My blog isn't anywhere near the extensive blog yours is, but I've just started and your blog has inspired me to do more! Thanks!

    1:25 AM  
    Blogger Loreen Bliss said...

    Oh, plus you've inspired me to add a bit to my title.... had to add the "mommy" thing. 'Cause isn't it so true. They do have to come first.

    1:27 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    adopt your own virtual pet!
    adopt your own virtual pet!
    adopt your own virtual pet!
    Web Counter
    Web Counters